What is Kodi?
Kodi is one of the best open-source media player applications out there, allowing users to watch their favorite content, such as TV shows, movies, podcasts, music, and much more, along with operating on other common digital media files from local as well as network storage media – and the best part, it’s absolutely free!
How to Install Kodi on Mac
Kodi is compatible with various operating systems and you can effortlessly turn your Mac into an entertainment hub by following these steps.
- Download Kodi for Mac from the official website: kodi.tv/download.
- Scroll down and click on the MacOS icon.
- Once the pop-up shows up, click on the Installer icon and a .dmg file will begin downloading.
- Run the .dmg file and begin installation of Kodi. A dialog box will appear, drag the Kodi application into your application folder. It will copy the application to your Mac’s storage.
- When you first run Kodi, you will see an error telling you that it has been blocked because it is an unknown developer. Fix it by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and at the bottom of the page, you will see a message telling you why Kodi was blocked. Click Open Anyway and you will see yet another warning.
- Click Open again and your Kodi application will execute this time. The best part, you won’t have to go through these steps again to run Kodi on Mac.
If installed perfectly, Kodi will open in full-screen mode, taking over your entire display. When the software starts for the very first time, you will notice that the main interface of Kodi lists the menu on the left.
If you click on any content such as Movies, TV shows or Music, it will show a warning message informing that your library is currently empty. This is simply because Kodi has no idea where your content is, hence you need to configure it to do so by installing various add-ons for Kodi that available all over the web.
You can further customize the layout of your Kodi by installing different “Builds for Kodi” that comes pre-loaded with many add-ons as well.