Do you know the latest UFC PPV is around the corner and it’s called UFC 228? But do you know how to watch UFC on Kodi? This guide is all about it and much more! So the main event is scheduled to take place between Tyron Woodley and Darren Till which is due to be held on the 8th of September, at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.
There are lots of people all over the globe who would give anything for UFC live but not everyone can go and watch it in Texas. So the workaround lies in streaming UFC on Kodi.
How To Livestream UFC On Kodi
Kodi is a platform which allows you to stream content through add-ons. Kodi runs on a variety of devices including TV boxes, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Firestick etc. Above all, UFC 228 is not going to cost our readers a penny since the procedure is absolutely free. Hence, read on.
However, for watching UFC on Kodi, there are certain things which as a user you should be mindful of. Since the UFC event is US based and is aired only on FOX channel so it is imperative a VPN should be in place.
When you watch live UFC on Kodi via VPN, it masks your real IP and you stay out of legal troubles. We would advise very much on doing so. Or else you will be served a DMCA notice. When your IP is masked you can appear to be in the US whereas your actual location may be somewhere else. That is the beauty and benefit of a VPN.
UFC or MMA as it is also referred to can be considered one of the highly celebrated sports around the globe. You can rest assured, catch the best in UFC action by streaming it for free on platforms such as Kodi. The excitement surrounding its PPVs is compared to none!
In certain regions, the content may be geo-restricted so a VPN will be able to bypass those restrictions and you will be able to stream UFC on Kodi seamlessly. The steps that follow dictate the installation pertaining to Kodi 17.6 Krypton via “Planet MMA” add-on.
Note: By default, Kodi does not allow for the installation of third-party add-ons so you have to enable the security check “Unknown Sources”. Go to “System Settings” and from there select “Add-ons”. There look for “Turn on Unknown Sources” and set the toggle to “ON”. A message will be displayed. Click “Yes” to proceed.
Steps To Watch Live UFC On Kodi
Here are the steps:
- Launch Kodi and select the gear icon
- Head on to the File Manager
- Now double click Add Source
- On the pop-up box, choose None
- In the box type http://supremacy.org.uk/zip/repo/ and press OK
- Rename the file source to Supremacy and click OK
- Return to the home screen
- Choose Add-ons
- Now click the cog icon
- From the list, select Install from zip file
- From there choose Supremacy
- Select repository.supremacy-x.x> repository.supremacy-x.x.zip
- Wait for the installation confirmation notification to appear
- Once done, choose Install from repository and look for supremacy
- Next, choose Video add-ons> Planet MMA> Install
- Wait for it and enabled notification message
- This marks the successful Planet MMA Kodi Add-on installation
If you happen to be a paid subscriber of the UFC Fight then you are in luck as well. From the developer by the name of Portse, you can get hands on an add-on which will allow you to also stream UFC fights on Kodi.
All you have to do is head to the Portse’s repository and from that point forward you can download it to whichever device you are using Kodi on. In the case you were wondering, here’s the link:
Steps to set this up are detailed below:
- Once you have downloaded the zip file to your device, go to Add-ons
- Then to Add-ons Browser and choose Install from zip file
- Now browse for the place where you initially downloaded the zip file
- Select OK
- Wait for the enabled notification to appear
- Now head back to the main menu> Add-ons> Add-on Browser> Install from repository> portse’s Add-on Repository
- Select plugin.video.ufcfightpass-master.zip
- Again, wait for the enabled notification message to appear
- After this, you will be able to see UFC Fight Pass add-on from your Video add-ons menu and can access it.
With Planet MMA you can stream all of UFC matches. The add-on is specifically suited for UFC, be it PPV events, documentaries or TV shows which you will not find on any other add-on for Kodi. All in all, it is a complete UFC experience.
So next time when an MMA or UFC event is around the corner, you know which add-on to rely upon. For now enjoy UFC 228 between Tyron Woodley and Darren Till for the Welterweight Title Fight on the 8th of September, 2018, for free!